Translate

Monday, June 18, 2012

I like diving boards...

I actually do like diving boards. I feel like I've been standing in line for one the past few months.

Now, however, I'm up next! Tomorrow is departure day, and I couldn't be more ready to get a move on. Tonight will hold a delicious meal with my parents before I go to a place that will give dear mother's cooking a run for its money :)

"Tyler, are you scared...or nervous?"

Only if I end up being surrounded by screaming infants on the flight to Zurich. *twitch*

Eager is the word I'd choose. Very eager. I love adventure in all its wild forms, and after I experience one it's a quick turnaround until I'm ready for another one. One thing I've learned concerning adventures that are relatively out of the ordinary, is that they are greatest when a conscious decision is made to invite God into it. I want and need Him to be the architect. I want to walk on a tightrope where faith is the only substance requiring dependency.

After all, I'm an American...I don't need faith ;)

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. For by it the people of old received their commendation." 
-Hebrews 11:1-2-

If it was good enough for people who followed God thousands of years ago in a lurid, barbaric period and were commended by God for it, it's good enough for me. 

Pray for this, friends. A gift of faith for not only myself, but the people I am going to. Faith in God--the Alpha and the Omega, the Creator, Provider, Refuge and Strength, Shield, Healer, and

Father, Abba...Daddy

Thank you, everyone, for your support. I am eager to report all that I see and hear. Stay tuned.


Oh...and...
Bring it.




1 comment:

  1. Will be praying for you safe travel and some shut eye along the way. look forward to your posts on your trip. Go with God...he's the best traveling companion ever! Take care! Miss seeing you at work. :0_

    ReplyDelete